Thursday, November 4, 2010

Discern the Lesson?

Well my friends, I think it is official that my cell phone is lost completely. While on the one hand, I have loved not having an added distraction in my life this week, there are moments when I realize what a good tool it is to have. For instance, when I'm on my way to work and get stuck in traffic and realize I will definitely be more than 30 minutes late. To not be able to call, in my opinion, is unprofessional. Also, when I need to tell someone if I'm running late to meet them for dinner. And on my way home from school, and I thought I'd confirm plans with my mom for tomorrow night.

I just don't know. I just renewed my cell contract so not replacing it at all is dumb because I'd still have to pay the termination fee (prob. around $200 or so). Replacing it is cheaper but still not the kind of money I just have laying around to spend on that. So I'm hoping that someone I know has an old T-mobile phone I can just activate on my plan. Of course, I'm going to the mall kiosk first because last time I did that the sales guy said "um, I have this extra phone personally, and I'll give it to you for free, but I have to walk out of the mall with you and give it to you there..." It was a huge blessing then and I will chance it happening again.

I am trying my hardest to see the lesson here. If it was that I can survive without a cell phone, I definitely get it, and if it weren't for the termination fee, I would ditch it, and just get a "Go" phone to have in case of emergencies. So other lessons....not sure quite yet but can't wait to see what God uses this to teach me!

The good part: I trust from the start this time that there is a lesson here somewhere!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the housewaresdeals.com suggestion! I hadn't heard of that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no problem! I love that site so much...and in case you've not heard of Woot.com they have one thing every day for sale too. It's a random item...and most of the time not anything you woul dneed...but every once in a while, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete