Sunday, December 5, 2010

Auntie Auntie Auntie

Auntie...it is my favorite name I have ever had. For someone who has been wanting to be a mom for a very long time, and to have been blessed to be an Auntie first, the past 2 years have been beyond awesome, simply for that reason if no other.

This weekend I was spending more time with the babies. I was playing trains with the 2 year old when I got up to use the bathroom. I hear him from the living room..."Auntie, Auntie, Auntie, Auntie" until I came back in the room. To be wanted...sought after...called upon by this wonderful title, brought me such great joy.

I thought, "I wish I could have this all the time"....Oh wait, I do! (Not my nephew though)

Deep Thought:

Every second of every day, my God is wanting me, seeking me, calling me by name to come to Him.

Where?

In the inner room of my heart! In the quiet that is heaven on earth! As my nephew would say, "otder room, Auntie".

As I reflect on this, I recall that I never ignore or neglect the call of the cutest 2 year old I know, yet all too often, especially lately, have I not only neglected, but blatantly blocked out the voice of my God.

I am brought back to the simple prayer I found myself praying at a holy hour I had mentioned a week or so ago..."Jesus, increase my desire for you"

My goal is to make this simple prayer as common in my heart/mind as I possibly can...I know my desire for Him will increase, if I only ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment