Monday, February 22, 2010

Humility

I want to go to Haiti
I want to be a bigger part of the team
I want to learn Creole
I want to fit in
I want, want want want want.
======================
On Sunday, I had a "bad" day. I mean in the grand scheme, it was a great day. I slept, ate, was able to watch a movie, then later on, I got to see my friends, eat again, and enjoy the company of others.

I say "bad" day because I spend most of the first half of it saying the list of things I wrote above. Today, I get back to the reality of the fact that I want to live according to God's will. And as we know from scripture,

"The Lord is my Shepard, there is nothing I shall want"

All of these th ings and more, I have to lay at the feet of Jesus and pick up what He wants of me.

I'm pretty sure one of those things, is to remain stationary. This weekend I went back to my own Church for the first time in a month or so. And I was reminded why I love it so much. I think a new stationary mission (aside from this blog) is going to begin there. I'm trying to start a weekly holy hour for Haiti. Eventually, I'd love to learn and help others to learn prayers in Creole, but for now, just pray for our brothers and sisters in Haiti and the continued success of the MWTS Mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment