Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday Reflection

Today is my 26th Birthday. I woke up feeling sick but to a big smile and giggle from my almost 2 yr old nephew. Joy was definitely present because he having his morning milk and enjoying his morning shows, then started running around the family room showing off. I asked for a hug and he continued to run, but the 4 month old  nephew opened  his arms to me to make up for it.

I am torn about this birthday. I feel like it's the least exciting I've had. I guess that happens. I guess there are a lot of things that I am in waiting for that keep me from being completely excited. However...in reflecting, though this day may not be monumental...this year of my life has been the most amazing yet. I find myself saying that every year, but this year, once again tops it all. Here's a review, in case you  missed anything:

- My sister gave birth to two beautiful, healthy, good size twins! My little M & M were born on 6/16, kicking up the summer with a bang!

- My oldest nephew learned my favorite new word (among tons of others of course), AUNTIE, and uses more and more frequently with every passing day.

- God Blessed me with a refund from school, which allowed me to go on my first (of hopefully many) trip to Haiti!

- The realization that this is my last full semester at school.

- I've learned to trust in ways more than I could ever have dreamed.

- I have moved to a quiet town, with nature surrounding me, and a great deal of simplicity.

- My grandfather had surgery and came out of it just fine.

I am sure there are more, but I'm now distracted by laughing babies. Thanks for sharing in my year of joy and goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment