Monday, October 18, 2010

Haiti & My Heart

M' Sonje Ayiti ANPIL! (I miss Haiti a LOT).

This past weekend I drove to visit my sister/brother-in-law and the kids. On my way, I got stuck in random traffic and decided to throw on the Creole Lesson cd that Emily made for our group to practice with before our trip. I got to the song parts and realized just how much I really was learning. There are some words that I just can't say fully as fast as they are sung, so a few words while singing get mushed together, but I know what they are saying. I've also been digging into my Creole Made Easy book at home the past week.
I miss the kids a lot. I've seen tons of children in the past few weeks, but I long for the kids in Duverger. With all of my heart...I long to witness that trust, as I continually prove to myself how much of it I still have to learn.

I was singing and dancing like a fool in the car but it was so much fun. The joy of the Lord will be my strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment