Friday, October 22, 2010

Life Lessons, Teach Me Your Way oh Lord!

This week has been one of many lessons. Today being the greatest. As I continued to see posts in my news feed about the rising number of deaths in Haiti due to the outbreak of Cholera, I felt more and more like I was getting sick myself. Literally, last night I started to notice that my tonsils were a little swollen (they do this often). Then as today went on, I noticed a headache build...then the soreness in my face in my sinuses. All I could think of was, "I can't possibly cook, would love something softer to eat, I wish there was a Boston Market near my house". As I was thinking these things and I almost outwardly complained in the car about being starving and exhausted, God gently reminded me of my brothers and sisters in Haiti.

People, hundreds, are dying...from a sickness causing diahrea...and I don't feel like cooking because I have a little bit of sinus issues. I would like, not only just a drive through, but one of my favorite choices. People are dying. People living out of ridiculous tent housing 9 months after a terrible earthquake are dying from a sicknes that causes diahrea.

Hello Life Lesson of the Day. Lord, I offer you my life, my headache, my soreness, my everything. I offer it all to you for the people of Haiti suffering. Teach me your way, the way of sacrifice for love of others. Help me to die to myself and glorify you.

"That, in the opinion of the world, others may increase and I may decrease ...Lord, grant me the grace to desire it" -from the Litany of Humility

No comments:

Post a Comment