Monday, April 18, 2011

Stylish Modesty

If you haven't caught my current drift, I'm on a bit of a modesty kick.

I believe that at the moment, my heart is in dire  need to catch up with my head. I am sure you are all aware of how sometimes, it is so easy to know in our minds how we are to act, speak, and ultimately live as Christian women. We can spout out why we do what we do, how things should be done, and we can preach all day long about "should" and "should not", but sometimes our hearts are left far behind where are heads have gotten to.

I can teach and break down many of the Church's teachings on human dignity, sexuality, chastity, and modesty. Yet I struggle to believe it in my heart. With anything, when my heart struggles to catch up to be passionate as my mind is, I must fall back onto the age old testament, "fake it till you make it".

So I am diving head first into reading and searching all things regarding human dignity in order to jump start my heart to be where my mind is. I know what is right and what is wrong but for some reason, my heart is not in a place where it is passionately working to accomplish all things "right". I share this because I feel alone in it, and I feel if I share it, I will find that I'm not alone. Even if no one shares back with me, I just think a lot of people will read this and nod their heads and say "oh yes, that is me too!"

I wanted to share with you yet another great find on the web. A website that doesn't just claim "modesty" and then offer a "sexy" bikini. The term sexy and modesty don't fit well together to me. If our dignity is truly honored, then being sexy becomes obsolete because we not trying to attract anyone on the premis of sex.

I don't LOVE everything on this website, but I do like that they have quite a bit of skirts that are casual but some that are dressy looking as well for us working professional ladies! Funky Frum is the website, and if I return stuff that I bought from Athleta the other day, then I will definitely be trying some skirts from this website! Check it out and let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment